EK-Vardar EVO is industrial grade high-static pressure computer cooling fan, designed and built primarily for highest-performance computer liquid cooling systems. Developed in-house and first introduced in 2014, renowned EK-Vardar fans have now evolved into new EK-Vardar EVO lineup. EK-Vardar EVO fans with Extended range (ER) of PWM operation feature a special Start-Stop function which brings a true 0db experience for the absolute silent fan operation. EK-Vardar EVO is simply the best choice for computer radiator cooling as it provides unmatched performance throughout the entire operating range.
The Vardar family of cooling fans carries the name of a type of the cold northwesterly wind blowing from the mountains down to the valleys of Macedonia. It is a type of ravine wind, enhanced by a channeling effect while blowing down through the Moravia-Vardar gap, bringing cold conditions from the north to the Thessaloniki area of Greece. Most frequent during winter, it is blowing in the rear of a depression when atmospheric pressure over eastern Europe is higher than over the Aegean Sea.
The key characteristics of EK-Vardar fans are:
High-static pressure / low noise profile - unlike other general-purpose computer cooling fans, the EK-Vardar family of fans is built specifically for computer liquid cooling systems, namely radiator cooling. The 7 fan blade design is optimized for high-pressure operation while maintaining the low noise profile throughout the whole operation range of the fan. Vardar's design and construction are also very suitable for high-performance air coolers or as case fans for restrictive cases with dust filters.
High-quality motor and bearing assembly - New electrical design, actively cooled motor windings and the Dual-Ball bearing with 50.000 hours of lifespan (MTBF) ensures uninterrupted operation for years to come. Precise Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) for fan speed adjustment allows performance on demand.
Sealed-edge fan casing - The classic, yet the effective square shape of the fan casing provides optimal performance in either pull- (suction) or push (pressure) regime without hydraulic losses thus ensuring the optimal cooling capacity of your liquid cooling radiators. The classic shape of the fan frame also allows easy cable routing while grouping more fans on one radiator.
0db regime - EK-Vardar EVO features a unique Start-Stop function which ensures the user a true 0db noise environment. When fan curve is set with the minimum threshold point below 25-30% PWM duty cycle (depending on the motherboard model), the motor and the electronics will turn off and the fan will simply stop spinning. EK-Vardar EVO restarts operation automatically as fan control ramps up its operational duty cycle past threshold start-stop point. This feature is very useful for preventing radiator dust buildup in idling PCs and to prolong the lifecycle of the fan itself.
Timeless design - the EK-Vardar EVO fan fits subtly into any liquid cooling computer without drawing too much attention. Delivered in all white color scheme it blends perfectly with a sleek and minimalist looking EK-CoolStream liquid cooling radiator.
Mechanical and electrical specifications:
- Maximum speed: 2000RPM (+/- 10%)
- Rated Voltage: 12V DC
- Power Draw: 3.86W
- PWM Duty Cycle: 25-100% - ER (Extended Range)
- Connector: 4-pin PWM header
- Shaft bearing: Dual-Ball bearing
- Bearing durability: 50.000 hrs @ 40°C (MTBF)
- Dimensions: 140 x 140 x 25 mm
- Max Air Flow: 108CFM = 184 m³/h
- Static Pressure: 3.15mm H2O = 30.9 Pa
- Sleeved cable length: 400 mm
- Noise Level: 40.7 dBA (100% PWM)
The scope of delivery:
- EK-Vardar EVO BB series fan
- self-tapping screws (4 pcs)
Designed and engineered by EK Water Blocks in Slovenia - Europe
Made in China
- It is normal for the EK-Vardar EVO fan to stop spinning at low workload and during PC idling.
- The 0db Start-Stop function PWM threshold might vary from motherboard to motherboard model and even source PWM header.
- The minimal rotation speed of the fan might vary from motherboard to motherboard model and even source PWM header.
- For best results, EK recommends using the CPU_FAN header as the PWM signal source for controlling the fan.
- The radiator is just for showcase and it is not included!